Mac Os X 10.4 Disc 2 Download
While waiting for my new to me mac mini C2D 2.0GHz Late '06 to come in, I've been looking around at what Tiger installers I can find. I found this (ISO?) that claims to be uniform with any Intel Mac (I know there is not a real unmodified retail release that works on every Intel Mac).
Anyone find anything improve? I will let y'all know how this works for me on the Mac mini…
I've never actually tried the ane you linked, I've seen it but not sure what the success rate is. I know many things will be disrepair until you lot update. I myself accept always used the just 10.4 Universal installer that was officially released, the 10.4.seven Server disc, just this is probably not appealing to you. If yous want I tin detect it as well though.
There was also this link that was shared with me almost 3 years ago: https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4990524 Information technology's all in Russian and I'll get out it upwards to you what to make of this but it may be worth a try. Hopefully my mail doesn't get hitting for sharing this but we'll meet...
I figure anything equally quondam as Tiger wouldn't exist hit, as even leopard appears OK on the PowerPC forums.
I really just desire Tiger for this Mac mini, if I can't find an Installer I'll probably end up just paying for some Tiger DVD and modding it myself to brand information technology piece of work on every Intel mac, and so upload it…
I take a ten.4.10 Install DVD Single Layer ISO, probably another modified version, works fine on my 2006 iMac
I'd use a 10.4.six or after grayness disc (the Mac mini requires a machine-specific build of 10.iv.5 at minimum) and remove the machine check. 10.4.10 is equally new as the greyness discs got.
Code:
https://archive.org/details/MacOSX10.4.10-iMac-2Z691-6104-A_2Z691-6113-A Alternatively, as mentioned, Tiger Server x.4.7 is universal and installs on whatsoever Intel Mac released in August 2006 or earlier without the need to patch annihilation.
Last edited:
The reason it'south similar this, btw, is considering since every Intel Mac came with at least Tiger preinstalled, there was no reason for Apple to release a retail installer. Who would have bought information technology?
The merely problem is that sometimes installing the update to 10.4.8 or college will make it unbootable,
... which is why I prefer using a "grey" 10.iv.10 build instead which likewise includes the drivers for the GPUs used in the 2007/2008 iMacs and MBPs.
Last edited:
Code:
https://archive.org/details/MacOSX10.4.10-Mac-2Z691-6089-A_2Z691-6113-A Hither's another 10.iv.ten - that disc should work OOTB on your C2D Mini
(That For Mac Computers bit is interesting, indicating that the installer recognises several model IDs as valid rather than beingness specific to just i. I have a multi-machine 10.iv.eight disc.)
Final edited:
Lawmaking:
https://archive.org/details/MacOSX10.4.10-Mac-2Z691-6089-A_2Z691-6113-AHere's some other 10.iv.10 - that disc should work OOTB on your C2D Mini
![]()
(That For Mac Computers bit is interesting, indicating that the installer recognises several model IDs as valid rather than existence specific to but one. I have a multi-machine 10.iv.8 disc.)
Thank you guys, subsequently work I'll be buying a few DVD-Rs and the Mac should be here and fix to become!
Cheers guys, after work I'll be buying a few DVD-Rs and the Mac should be hither and prepare to go!
If you have some complimentary space (in an extra partition) on some other Mac and a FireWire cable I'd advise restoring the image you want to endeavour onto that other machine, putting it into TDM and installing on the mini from in that location. Much faster and less of a hassle than burning DVDs (peculiarly if the mini'southward drive turns out to exist dead LOL).
Concluding edited:
If you have some gratis space (in an extra partitioning) on some other Mac and a FireWire cablevision I'd suggest restoring the image you want to endeavour onto that other car, putting it into TDM and installing on the mini from there. Much faster and less of a hassle than burning DVDs (peculiarly if the mini's drive turns out to exist expressionless LOL).
![]()
The Mac mini tower has begun. So swell I don't have to become another DVI to HDMI cable just even so.
Still somehow don't have anything FireWire but thanks for the reminder that I need to at some point! Unremarkably I would just restore the epitome to a sectionalisation on the main HDD and kick that, simply I've been meaning to go some DVD-Rs for awhile now. At present I have 2 hours to kill until that dmg you linked is ready.
View attachment 1823302
The Mac mini tower has begun. And then neat I don't have to go another DVI to HDMI cable just yet.Notwithstanding somehow don't have anything FireWire only thanks for the reminder that I need to at some point! Usually I would but restore the image to a partition on the principal HDD and boot that, but I've been significant to get some DVD-Rs for awhile at present. Now I have 2 hours to kill until that dmg you linked is ready.
And I'm off to the races! This matter is FAST on 10.four.11 I'thousand truly diddled away.
Depends on whether you want to crack it open to exercise the SSD job as it is quite involved, only tedious.
More so than its predecessor, the G4 Mac Mini?
They're virtually the same procedure, seems like the internal layout of the two is identical.
This is why I was curious because I've replaced my Mini'southward HDD with an SSD.
Information technology'southward not hard but it's just boring to crack it open up with a putty knife or other tool.
A putty knife is my tool of choice for whenever I need to venture inside and initially, I was worried about dissentious the casing just over fourth dimension it became more or less straightforward. Getting access to the RAM/HDD is certainly more tedious than a G4 PowerMac or a MacBook Pro but nowhere near the hassle of working on an iBook.
You need a 2009 mini now to complete it.
![]()
What paradigm did yous use?
How did you read my heed?!
It's kinda insane how much faster the tardily 2006 is compared to the mid 2005. GCC vii compiled in hours compared to multiple days (~3 days I think).
I used the terminal affair you linked and it's perfect on x.four.11:
I was able to only utilize install disc one as well by unselecting install bundled software. Otherwise it would say before installation that I had chosen to install software that would require install disc two.
Tiger absolutely flies on my 2007 MBP with an SSD. It's a joy to use.
I retrieve Tiger was the peak Apple OS (and not snow leopard)…
Also, all my Macs have original drives now that I think about it. Lol one mean solar day soon I always say…
I think Tiger was the top Apple OS
I hold simply to me information technology's on par with SL about of the time (apart from the UI which is a million times better on Tiger). I am so glad we accept an Intel version of Tiger!
It'southward kinda insane how much faster the late 2006 is compared to the mid 2005. GCC vii compiled in hours compared to multiple days (~iii days I remember).
Well, the switch happened for a reason...
Last edited:
Mac Os X 10.4 Disc 2 Download
Posted by: wrayunfinamess72.blogspot.com

0 Komentar
Post a Comment