Neil Degrasse Tyson Astrophysics In A Hurry Audiobook Download UPDATED

Neil Degrasse Tyson Astrophysics In A Hurry Audiobook Download

Profile Image for CJFLA

  • CJFLA
  • 11-xiii-17

Enjoyable - not equally understandable as I had hoped

Always watch Neil deGrasse Tyson when he is a guest on a belatedly dark talk show. The ten minute segments always seem and so easy to understand. This volume, though, is way past my scientific noesis and at that place is not enough "simplification" in his explanations. Many parts are nonetheless very interesting, only this is i volume where having some science in your background will be very helpful.

47 people found this helpful

Profile Image for TMort

  • TMort
  • 06-07-17

Awesome book for those new to astrophysics.

Would yous listen to Astrophysics for People in a Hurry again? Why?

YES!! I learned so much the first go effectually, but even and then I had to take him repeat things a few times for me to fully grasp some of the concepts. Then I would nearly definitely heed to it again, because I believe their would exist something new to takeaway each time, whether it be knowledge or perspective.

What other book might you compare Astrophysics for People in a Bustle to and why?

Cosmos, past Carl Sagan. The audiobook is excellently narrated by LeVar Burton, and I find it to exist just as "down to world" every bit this one is. Little to no math, but explaining detailed concepts in a way we, those bad at math, tin sympathize.

Which scene was your favorite?

Probably the scene with the whipped cream in the coffee shop. Don't argue with Neil deGrasse Tyson virtually physics, he will win.

Was this a book you wanted to listen to all in one sitting?

No, I had to accept it in bits and pieces, and experience that I enjoyed it more that way. Some of the things said challenged my earth/universe view a bit, and I institute information technology helpful to just accept time to ponder and be wowed past the universe.

Whatsoever additional comments?

I would highly recommend others to read/listen to this, especially if you lot are curious about Astrophysics, simply are intimidated past the math. Neil deGrasse Tyson has a way of explaining hard concepts in a manner that is easier to understand than others I have plant. This book has given me me a great platform of knowledge to build upon, and I learned an incredible amount. It even helped me have the confidence needed to answer a question I was asked shortly after finishing. I couldn't help but holler, "I know this! I just learned it from Neil deGrasse Tyson!"

128 people plant this helpful

Profile Image for Author Adel

  • Author Adel
  • 05-06-17

Condensed, concise science meets social philosophy with humour and wit

I was expecting scientific discipline, I got it. I was expecting meta science, I got it. I was expecting wit, I got it. I was expecting humor, I got enough of it. Neil deGrasse Tyson delivered on all fronts, satiated my hunger for information technology all. Astrophysics and science in general are non for everyone but it should exist! This volume paves the style to reset our ego and places us in a framework that we are participants in this ever expanding universe.... a dust particle within a pale blue dust particle. Thank yous Neil.

234 people found this helpful

Profile Image for Federico

  • Federico
  • 10-15-17

Nothing new if you follow Star Talk

I was expecting something more... It's basically a shortened version of what yous can hear in Tyson'due south podcast. I was expect some actress details.

14 people institute this helpful

Profile Image for Rob Hahn

  • Rob Hahn
  • 07-15-17

Disappointing - non much physics

I was hoping for an entertaining, lay person's overview of quantum theory, the Standard Model, string theory, etc. This volume doesn't even bear on astrophysics. There is a little discussion of dark matter and dark energy, simply this book is more well-nigh the history of astronomy, how the planets were named, the relative prevalence of elements in the universe, how aliens might discover our radio transmissions, and other non-physics stuff.

415 people found this helpful

Profile Image for Gillian

  • Gillian
  • 05-03-17

From The Department Of Exotic Happenings...!

Aye! We are all stardust!
Only the truly knowledgeable might not similar "Astrophysics for People in a Bustle." I'thousand sure they're into much more than in-depth works. Only for those of usa who dream up into the heaven, information technology's a pure please. Heck, fifty-fifty the knowledgeable might like it equally Neil deGrasse Tyson is the best narrator out there, one of the best writers there is. Period.
Filled with wonderful ideas, galaxies devouring dwarf galaxies (ooh, bad karma!), massive radio telescopes, a fun run through the periodic table of elements, comets, a study of time, then much is packed into only over 3 ane/2 hours. Yeah, you practise come out wanting more, more info, more ideas.
More deGrasse Tyson! Only he can make the strange ominous on one hand, fantastically enthralling on the other. But he can brand comparisons that are laugh out loud funny on the i hand, consummate and utter poetry on the other.
Worth the price, worth the woefully short time, y'all'll be engaged and smiling the whole way through all these well-written essays that'll accept y'all looking up at the heaven over again, fascinated, laughing in your middle and soul. Maybe y'all'll lose sight of the vast, vast, oh so vast movie, but yous'll exist delighted by the many small and provocative wonders y'all're left with.

106 people found this helpful

Profile Image for alex

  • alex
  • eleven-21-17

Not equally meaty equally I'd hoped

Well narrated. I'm going to listen again.
Has some political pushing in it which is abrasive. But I just wish it had been slightly more educational

10 people plant this helpful

Profile Image for Lisa

  • Lisa
  • 01-fifteen-19

Practiced Ol' Neil.

Aforementioned good deGrasse Tyson presentation. Corking for those fans of Neil or those low-cal on cosmic knowledge. Others will find information technology a bit as well fluffy.

3 people found this helpful

Profile Image for L. K. Sterling

  • Fifty. K. Sterling
  • 06-07-17

Hear information technology In Dr. Tyson'southward own rich & resonant voice!

Would you lot consider the audio edition of Astrophysics for People in a Bustle to be meliorate than the print version?

I do not own the print version. I bought the audiobook specifically to hear him reading it.

Any additional comments?

I similar to listen to his lectures on YouTube and this is like having a whole book total of lectures at once! The more I heed the more I learn and subsequently repeated listenings I am outset to experience like I know what he is talking about. It is not uncomplicated enough for people who have absolutely no familiarity with the subject field, just if you have heard some of his talks before or seen his version of Cosmos then you will know enough to follow forth. He's a built-in teacher whose enthusiasm for each topic is infectious. He brings existent personality to his public speaking, and makes what was could be a dry subject area very engaging and fifty-fifty funny. This one is AN Accented MUST for NdGT fans, and will brand new fans out of people who don't know him already. A great gift for anyone of any age with an inquisitive listen!

19 people plant this helpful

Profile Image for Michael C. Heaton

  • Michael C. Heaton
  • 06-23-17

I was not smart enough

Would you lot recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?

It depends on their knowledge of the topic already. NDT discusses a large corporeality of cloth without defining words or giving details to assistance someone understand that doesn't have a good knowledge.

What could Neil deGrasse Tyson have done to make this a more enjoyable book for yous?

If he would have only given more details nearly everything, I would have enjoyed it more than. He glosses over important theories I had never known.

Any additional comments?

I enjoyed listening and he does talk about things I call back from loftier schoolhouse, simply my cognition was just not to the point of understanding everything.

65 people plant this helpful

DOWNLOAD HERE

Posted by: wrayunfinamess72.blogspot.com

0 Komentar

Post a Comment




banner